My job in Westminster is to speak up for my constituents in the House of Commons, to scrutinise laws and to attend Parliamentary debates and committees.

I also have a role locally, supporting local people and community groups, raising and publicising local issues.

As your local MP, I can help constituents on a range of issues. Unfortunately, there are some things I cannot do:-

  • I cannot interfere with decisions made by the courts.
  • I cannot help with private disputes.
  • I cannot help with legal matters.
  • I cannot obtain preferential treatment for you or get results outside of the law.


Local council

There are many issues which should first be taken up directly with the local authority responsible or with your local councillor.

Your can find your local councillor here:-

  • Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council –
  • Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council –

If your complaint to the council is not dealt with to your satisfaction, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman –


Immigration and asylum cases

You should first approach the Citizens Advice Bureau. It is not an MP’s role to offer legal advice. As your MP, I can make representations on your behalf, once all appeals have been exhausted. But there needs to be new and compelling evidence for me to get involved.

For more information, contact the Home Office –

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search